Bernard Richards Manufacture Presents The Lightest Automatic Chronograph in the World The BRM MK-44
- Streamlined design and the use of Titanium, Fortal® HR, Makrolon ® and Inox 316 result in a new weight record of just 48.80 grams (1.72 oz).
- It took BRM more than two years to reach the impossible goal of creating a chronograph weighing less than 50 grams without sacrificing the reliability of a BRM timepiece.
- The first champion to put the MK-44 to the test was Emmanuel Collard, who took the extra-light chronograph for a ride in 2011 at the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans. Since then, this incredibly light watch has become the favorite of more than a few top endurance drivers.
Weight reduction plays a major role in BRM’s technological achievement. Operating with the precision of a Formula One team, the BRM engineers have eliminated every bit of extraneous weight in the design and manufacture of the MK-44, using micrometrical scales to enhance precision and efficiency.
Pushing the Boundaries even Further. . .
The case is created in Makrolon®, the extra-light material used for the side windows in the most advanced race cars. The back of the Fortal® HR, an extra-light aluminum alloy that is frequently employed in motor sports.
To reduce the weight even further, the titanium fastenings have been made hollow, while the sapphire glass has been reduced from 1.5 to only 1 millimeter in thickness.
The movement of the MK-44 is lighter than ever, and every part has been streamlined. The rotor is just half the weight of that used in a regular movement, thanks to the optimized performance of the movement as a whole.
Both titanium push buttons and crown are hollow, resulting in further weight reduction of the MK-44. Much of the dial has been relieved, the hands are thinner and the date has been eliminated for maximum weight savings. The band of the Mk-44 is made of extra-light fabric and fiber, with multiple openings, so not only is it lighter, but breathable too. The buckle has been reduced to only half its regular size, with screws and axles made of titanium. Finally, the four lugs have been radically streamlined, without sacrifice of strength.
Putting this remarkable weight-reduction program into perspective, the BRM Mk-44 weighs a mere 48.80 grams whereas a similar chronograph has a weight of 100 grams or more!
- 44mm Makrolon® case
- Automatic Chronograph Movement
- Titanium lugs, crown and push-buttons
- Ultra-light hands (white, sky blue, turquoise, yellow, red, orange or black)
- Fortal® HR back
- Grade I Titanium screws
- Band made of technical fabric topstitched to match the color of the hands.
- Waterproof to 50 meters
Retail Price: $13,450.00