Visconti Homo Sapiens Skylight Steel Age Fountain Pen
Contact us for our Chatterley Loyalty price
Visconti is thrilled to announce the launch of the new Homo Sapiens ‘Skylight Steel Age’. A pen that showcases all the unique benefits of the original award-winning ‘Skylight’, but now available in a modern steel age trim and featuring a newly engineered ‘Skylight’ window.
The Skylight offers all the benefits of the original Homo Sapiens:
· Made from volcanic lava rock, the pen is virtually unbreakable, naturally hygroscopic and very comfortable to write with.
· The cap closes with Visconti’s patented ‘hook safe lock’.
· Features the soft, buttery smooth Visconti 18kt gold fountain pen nib in white gold to match the color of the trims.
The Visconti design team worked hard to curate an incredible innovation, the ‘Skylight’ viewing windows:
· Two larger steel-trimmed windows are cut into the pen’s barrel offering a view of stored ink in the larger ink reservoir.
· A smaller window behind the pen’s grip offering a view of stored ink in the pens second smaller ink reservoir.
Double Reservoir Power Filler
Patented in 1998, the double reservoir power filler is undoubtedly the most advanced filling system ever developed in fountain pen history. It allows the collector to fill a fountain pen with the equivalent of up to 10 cartridges of ink, and thanks to the two reservoirs, ink will never leak even during air travel.
How it Works
The body of the pen is divided into two ink reservoirs, one larger in the pen’s barrel and one smaller behind the pen’s nib. When writing with the pen, ink is used from the small reservoir, when ink runs out the user then transfers ink from the larger back-up reservoir to continue writing. Essentially, the larger reservoir acts as a portable ‘bottle of ink’ inside the pen. The two reservoirs are separated by a cut-off valve, when it is open ink can then move freely from one reservoir to the other:
1. When ink in the smaller reservoir runs out, the user opens the valve to transfer ink from the larger reservoir to the smaller. Now the small reservoir is full of ink and the user can continue writing.
2. Before air travel, the user does the opposite and drains ink from the small reservoir back to the large reservoir and then tightens the valve. Once empty, there is no ink in the small reservoir to leak out of the nib due to a change in air pressure when flying.
The Homo Sapiens Skylight Steel Age is available in fountain pen only.
Nib width options are EF, F, M, B and Stub.