Visconti Ragtime Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Three Piece Roll Top Nautilus Desk Set
This set is pre-owned, but is in new condition. It comes complete with outer box, Roll Top Desk case, and papers. The set includes a ballpoint, rollerball, and fountain pen equipped with a 14k Medium nib. There are also 3 natural stones from the ‘Visconti MyPen System’ so that you have the option to personalize your pen tops. These stones can replace the Visconti logo on top by using the included magnet.
On October 20th 1988 Visconti was founded in Florence with the intention of introducing exquisite writing instruments on the market made according to handcraft techniques and precious materials like our grandpas’ pens were. After an initial experimenting period, a new writing instrument entered the market: Ragtime. This pen represented a great novelty for its design, filling system and name.
Ragtime was the first truly American musical genre and it gave rise to the enduring popularity and genius of Jazz. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Visconti has now updated the original Ragtime styling in an elegant, hand-crafted limited edition.
The Ragtime by Visconti is available either as pen sets, or as individual fountain pens, rollerball pen and ballpoint pens. The pen set comes with a luxury desktop display case with box as a free gift, including three stones (onyx, pearl and tiger’s-eye) with their special tool to customize the three writing instruments which any pen collector will appreciate.
- The barrel and cap of both the fountain and rollerball pens are made from a unique ragtime acryloyd material.
- This is smooth to hold and hard wearing.
- The fountain pens have a designer feel because of the classic match between the expensive gold metal work and the black and brown coloring of the barrel.
- The nib of the fountain pens is made from 14K gold, and lovingly engraved with the Visconti name.
- The quality of design has been carried through into the filling mechanism.
- There is a smooth screw mechanism hidden under a cover at the base of the pen which activates an internal piston to draw ink into the body of these fountain pens.